BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)
- Review on Amazon : Five Stars
The leading physiology book on the market.
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer
Files size: 24 MB
Free Download link
Join Our premium Membership Only For $ 15
Features of the ( Download BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) Seventh Edition pdf)::
his bestselling title in the Board Review Series offers a concise, highly efficient review of all essential physiology concepts covered in the first and second year of medical school, as well as more than 350 clinical vignette-style multiple-choice questions to help students prepare for course exams and practice for the USMLE Step 1. Abundant illustrations, flow charts, and tables facilitate study. An interactive question bank on thePoint uses the same chapter and comprehensive exam questions from the book to provide interactive exam practice online.
Students will appreciate the book’s comprehensive, yet efficient assistance in preparing for course exams as well as the USMLE Step 1.
Instructors will welcome the masterful educational approach of Linda S. Costanzo, PhD, who excels in communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. A comprehensive image bank on thePoint makes preparing lecture slides a snap.
- A concise outline format and bolded key terms enable efficient review and exam preparation.
- Discussions of clinical disorders, integrated throughout the text, correlate physiology concepts to the practice of medicine.
- Chapter overviews and summaries offer a quick introduction and review of key topics and information, to maximize study time.
- More than 350 multiple-choice questions and answers, many of them new and revised, help students prepare for course and board exams. These include many new multi-part questions that challenge students’ decision-making skills.
- Detailed answers and explanations for every question, cross-referenced back to the text, allow students to remediate weak areas of knowledge.
- New appendices allow for an efficient review of Key Physiology Topics for USMLE Step I, Key Physiology Equations for USMLE Step I, and Normal Blood Values.
- 130 outstanding full-color figures and flow diagrams and 50 tables, many of them new, allow for efficient assimilation of complex information, and are included in the instructor Image Bank on ThePoint.
- Significant updates throughout present the latest physiology knowledge, including expanded coverage of cellular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, and endocrine physiology.
What People say about BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) Seventh Edition::
- BRS Physiology 7th ed. Great resource for learning or reviewing physiology.
- I love BRS Physiology 7th ed.. It breaks things down so that it’s easy to understand. I love the questions and explanations at the end of each chapter. Very useful.
- I have used BRS Physiology 7th ed. for different purpose for last 4 years. Very well done, well written. Very easy to understand even if you are a sudent.Thanks
Books you may like::
Table Of Contents
1 Cell Physiology 1
I Cell Membranes 1
II Transport Across Cell Membranes 2
III Osmosis 5
IV Diffusion Potential, Resting Membrane Potential, and Action Potential 7
[expand title=”Read More” trigclass=”highlight” tag=”strong”]
V Neuromuscular and Synaptic Transmission 12
VI Skeletal Muscle 16
VII Smooth Muscle 21
VIII Comparison of Skeletal Muscle, Smooth Muscle, and Cardiac Muscle 22
Review Test 24
2 Neurophysiology 33
I Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) 33
II Organization of the Nervous System 38
III Sensory Systems 38
IV Motor Systems 49
V Higher Functions of the Cerebral Cortex 56
VI Blood-Brain Barrier and Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) 57
VII Temperature Regulation 57
Review Test 59
3 Cardiovascular Physiology 67
I Circuitry of the Cardiovascular System 67
II Hemodynamics 67
III Cardiac Electrophysiology 72
IV Cardiac Muscle and Cardiac Output 77
V Cardiac Cycle 86
VI Regulation of Arterial Pressure 88
VII Microcirculation and Lymph 92
VIII Special Circulations 95
IX Integrative Functions of the Cardiovascular System: Gravity, Exercise, and Hemorrhage 98
Review Test 103
4 Respiratory Physiology 116
I Lung Volumes and Capacities 116
II Mechanics of Breathing 118
III Gas Exchange 125
IV Oxygen Transport 127
V CO2 Transport 132
VI Pulmonary Circulation 133
VII V/Q Defects 134
VIII Control of Breathing 136
IX Integrated Responses of the Respiratory System 138
Review Test 140
5 Renal and Acid-Base Physiology 148
I Body Fluids 148
II Renal Clearance, Renal Blood Flow (RBF), and Glomerular Filtration Rate (GER) 152
III Reabsorption and Secretion 156
IV NaCl Regulation 159
V K+ Regulation 164
VI Renal Regulation of Urea, Phosphate, Calcium, and Magnesium 167
VII Concentration and Dilution of Urine 168
VIII Renal Hormones 173
IX Acid-Base Balance 173
X Diuretics 182
XI Integrative Examples 182
Review Test 185
6 Gastrointestinal Physiology 195
I Structure and Innervation of the Gastrointestinal Tract 195
II Regulatory Substances in the Gastrointestinal Tract 196
III Gastrointestinal Motility 200
IV Gastrointestinal Secretion 205
V Digestion and Absorption 215
VI Liver Physiology 220
Review Test 222
7 Endocrine Physiology 228
I Overview of Hormones 228
II Cell Mechanisms and Second Messengers 230
III Pituitary Gland (Hypophysis) 234
IV Thyroid Gland 239
V Adrenal Cortex and Adrenal Medulla 242
VI Endocrine Pancreas-Glucagon and Insulin 249
VII Calcium Metabolism (Parathyroid Hormone, Vitamin D, Calcitonin) 252
VIII Sexual Differentiation 256
IX Male Reproduction 257
X Female Reproduction 259
Review Test 264
Comprehensive Examination 273
Appendix A Key Physiology Topics for Usmle Step 1 295
Appendix B Key Physiology Equations for Usmle Step 1 297
Appendix C Normal Blood Values 298